SCIENTIFIC RESEARCHER IULIAN GHERGHEL, PHD
Department of Exact Sciences and Natural Sciences
Areas of expertise:
Dr. Iulian Gherghel’s research seeks to understand the patterns and mechanisms underlying biological diversification and species distributions across different time and spatial scales.
He is involved in projects that seek to understand the following questions:
1) how the biotic interactions and abiotic factors drive adaptation and diversification;
2) what is the role of biotic interactions and abiotic factors in shaping intraspecific trait variation in space and time;
3) investigating the factors that determine species distributions under global change;
4) how do organisms cope with the rapidly changing environment during Anthropocene;
5) what is the structure and shape of the ecological niche and biosphere.